The Super Bowl line up is set with the Los Angeles Rams facing off the New England Patriots. Who will you be cheering for this year? My husband’s Eagles were knocked out last week, so I don’t have much invested in either team. I’ll probably end up rooting for the Rams. I have a lot of college friends from Boston and it’s always more fun to cheer for whichever team they are up against. And I often base my support on team mascots; animal mascots always beat out non-animal mascots. This is my strategy for March Madness and it’s generally not the worst method for choosing teams! But regardless of whether your team is playing, the most important part of any Super Bowl celebration is the food! Do you know what you’ll be bringing to the party yet? I suggest these Apricot Glazed Chicken Wings. This classic game day treat drenched in a sweet and spicy sauce is sure to be a crowd pleaser.
Apricot Glazed Chicken Wings
For the wings:
- 24 chicken wings
- 6 T adobo sauce
- Salt & pepper
For the sauce:
- 1 c Blue Owl Preserves Low Sugar Jam (I recommend apricot, but you do you!)
- 2 T apple cider vinegar
- 2 T soy sauce
- 3 T Dijon mustard
- 2 t salt
- 2 t pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 t smoked paprika
- 2 T adobo sauce (or substitute chili powder)
- 1 T butter
1. Season chicken wings with a healthy amount of salt and pepper, then rub with adobo sauce.
2. Arrange in smoker grill with apricot wood and cook at 225°F for 2.5 hours, or until internal temperature is 165°F. Alternatively, if you don’t have a smoker, preheat oven to 375°F and cook for about an hour.
3. Combine all sauce ingredients in a small sauce pan. Bring to a boil and stir until thickened, about 5 minutes.
4. Serve chicken wings with sauce on the side for dipping, or toss wings with sauce before serving.
Did you try this recipe? Send us a pic on Instagram @blueowlpreserves!