Happy National Cookie Day!
Cookies have always been an important part of our family’s holiday traditions. I don’t remember helping out in the kitchen as a young child, but I have a lot of fond memories of making Crinkle Cookies with my dad each year to put out for Santa.
I don’t make cookies often these days, as I’ve found having cookies at home results in me eating far too many! But during the holidays, when I have others to share with, I dust off my cookie tray and get baking. Check out my go-to recipe for Jam Print Cookies below.
Enjoy your cookies, and remember to share with friends and family! To quote Cookie Monster (who I’m sure would love these Jam Print Cookies): “Speak softly and carry big cookie. Big enough to share with a good friend.”
Jam Print Cookies
- 1-1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- ½ c crushed walnuts (or sub hemp seeds for a nut-free version)
- 3 T sugar
- 1 t baking powder
- ¼ t cinnamon
- ¼ t salt
- ¼ c pure maple syrup
- 2 T brown rice syrup
- 1 t vanilla extract
- ¼ t almond extract
- ¼ c canola oil
- 3-4 T Blue Owl Preserves Low Sugar Jam (whichever flavor you are feeling!)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine flour, walnuts, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a bowl and stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine syrups. Add extracts and oil, stirring to combine. Add wet ingredients to dry and stir until just well mixed.
- Spoon batter onto baking sheet. Make an indentation in the center of each cookie and fill with a small spoonful of jam.
- Bake for 14 minutes, or until slightly golden around the edges. Let cook for 1-2 minutes before moving to a cooling rack.
Did you try this recipe? Send us a pic on Instagram @blueowlpreserves!