I got my love of food from my dad. I learned that making delicious, healthful food for people is a wonderful way of showing love and appreciation. Growing up, he would pack us the most elaborate lunches to bring to school and create the most elaborate desserts for holidays and special occasions. Once I got to college, I continued the tradition, hosting weekly Sunday dinners where I cooked three or four course meals for my friends. I'd walk from campus to the food co-op downtown, coming back carrying bags loaded with fresh ingredients so I could shower my friends with love via food. And today, I love that I get to share my food with all of you!
Spice Rubbed Pork Chops with Peach Bourbon Sauce
- 1 t vegetable oil
- ¾ c chopped sweet onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-1/2 c Blue Owl Preserves Peach Jam
- 2 T Old World Vinegar June Apple Cider Vinegar
- 4 T J Brady Seasoning Cowboy Shake, divided
- 3 T bourbon
- 2 T ketchup
- ½ t crushed red pepper
- 1 T fresh lime juice
- 2 T brown sugar
- 4 bone-in pork chops
- To prepare the sauce, heat oil in a medium sauce pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and saute for 5 minutes, until tender. Add the Peach Jam and Cider Vinegar. Bring to a bowl and cook until reduced (about 15 minutes). Add 2 T Cowboy Shake, bourbon, ketchup and red pepper, cook for another 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from hit and stir in lime juice. Let cool slightly before pouring in a blender. Process until smooth.
- To prepare the steak, combine remaining 2 T Cowboy Shake with brown sugar. Rub over both sides of the pork chops. Grill for 7 minutes on each side or until internal temperatures reaches 150°F. Serve topped with sauce.