Happy National Pancake Day! I’m sharing a bonus recipe this month, based on this recipe from Cookie and Kate, so you can celebrate healthily and deliciously.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 T baking powder
- ¼ t salt
- 1 c unsweetened almond milk
- 2 T melted coconut oil
- 2 T maple syrup
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1 c Blue Owl Preserves Low Sugar Jam (I used Blackberry Nectarine on mine)
1. In a mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk together the milk, oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract.
2. Pour the liquid mixture into the dry ingredients. Stir until just combined. Let the batter rest for 5 minutes.
3. Heat a nonstick griddle over medium-low heat. Your pan is hot enough when a drop of water sizzles on contact.
4. Scoop batter (about ¼ c) onto the warm pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes, then flip and cook opposite side for 1-2 minutes. Both sides should be golden brown.
5. In a small saucepan, heat jam over low heat until it becomes syrupy. Stir frequently while heating.
6. Serve pancakes drizzled with jam. Top with fresh blackberries and walnuts. Enjoy!